The Student News Site of West Seattle High School

The Olympian

GoGuardian
May 24, 2024
Why Work Sucks
May 8, 2024
One Hour Later
May 7, 2024
Have a suggestion for Wildcat Wednesdays? Scan or click this QR code to share it with us!

Stick Season By Noah Kahan

Noah Kahan is a grammy nominated artist who started his climb to fame in 2022 shortly after the release of his album, Stick Season. After this he only kept growing his fan base with the release of the deluxe version of Stick Season called Stick Season (Forever). He is now touring this album throughout the world selling out almost every show he plays. So, what is so great about this guy? Specifically, what makes his albums worth the fame to so many people?

Let’s go in depth about what message Stick Season is trying to get across. This album really focuses on the reminiscent moments of life and all the memories that people make over their years, especially their youth. Lily Egan, a student at WSHS, states that she loves the memories that this album brings to her. Songs like “All My Love” and “Northern Attitude” grasp this feeling greatly. They describe in detail how the feeling of growing away from old friends can be hard, but how life keeps moving on. Emma Calvo, another student from WSHS, states that these lyrics really bring a sense of understanding to her.

Not only do the lyrics bring comfort to many of Noah’s fans, but the folky beat allows for a freeing feeling to be conveyed. The lyrics of these songs can often have a hard-hitting effect, but the upbeat, folky beat often levels them out. Bianca, a teen who attends WSHS, says that the tempo of many of the songs in Stick Season remind her of being care-free and bring a feeling of summer. His music brings many of his fans this same feeling that Bianca experiences.

Not only has Noah’s fame sky-rocketed in these past years, but he has managed to keep a hometown feel to his presence and fan base which has attracted a big portion of his fan base. Stick Season has been a great new sound to the folk seen and many can’t wait to see what Noah Kahan does next.